Who is a chauffeur & What does chauffeur do?
How to become a chauffeur in Victoria, Australia
Minimum requirements to be eligible to apply for a VHA driver licence in Victoria
- You must hold a full Victorian Driver licence
- You must held a full and valid current driver licence in any state or Territory of Australia or New Zealand for a minimum six months period.
- You must clear minimum medical tests to prove you are fit to drive a commercial passenger vehicle.
- You must pass a national criminal police check
- You must pass a driving history check.
How to apply for VHA driver accreditation in Victoria?
The Commercial Passengers Vehicles Victoria (CPVV) has made applying for accreditation to become a chauffeur in Victoria easy by introducing online application. Following are the steps
- Complete the medical assessment
- Fill the online application form
- Pay and submit the application
Complete the medical assessment - You must download the Medical Assessment Form and visit a GP (medical practitioner) to complete the medical assessment to start off the process. When you visit the doctor and complete the health questionnaire in the medical assessment form, the doctor must be satisfied that you you are medically fit according to the commercial passenger vehicle driver standards.
Fill the online form - After clearing the medical assessment, you will need to complete the online application form. You will need to complete identification documents which includes full Victorian driver licence along with any one of the following forms of identification.
- Australian citizenship certificate
- Australian passport
- International passport with a valid visa that allows work rights within Australia. Passport may be current or expired within last 10 years but must not be cancelled
- Australian birth certificate
Pay and Submit the application
After you have uploaded the documentation, you must pay full fee for driver accreditation online via Mastercard or Visa.